- Jay-z creates new music streaming site that seems to be having some issues, called Tidal
- Tyler Joseph is a married man! (congrats you two)
- Kansas City Barbecue is as good as everyone says
- Green Day was officially inducted into The Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame
- I'm still not sure what a "one direction" is but something happened to them
- Madonna kissed Drake
- Pharrell is working on Missy Elliotts new album (yesyesyes)
- Bananas (thanks Gwen Stefani) might be going extinct..?
- TallyWackers, the male version of Hooters, is an actual thing now.
- Live Nation is now a part owner of music festival Bonnaroo based out of Tennessee with co owners Superfly and AC entertainment
- Jack White gave ,what might be, his final show for "a long period of time" on April 26th in Fargo, ND
- I'm 21 (woo.)
This isnt even half of it. I leave for one second and the world is a whole new place, go figure...
Because of the big wedding news AND 3 songs/ videos released from their NEW ALBUM, Blurryface, today's song of the day is dedicated to Stressed Out by Twenty One Pilots !
Since it has been 85 days since we have last talked (yeah, that hurt me to say just as much as it hurt you to read it), I have had the pleasure to try some good stuffz aka new food places. So how about we do some spit-fire-restaurant-recap!
1) Tiabi Coffee & Waffle Bar
This little quirky, random-as-they-come coffee shop serves fantastic coffee drinks with waffles, waffles sandwiches and waffle deserts (should I ask if they serve waffles..?). Nothing in this place makes sense and would probably be an interior decorators worst nightmare and I think that's what I liked the most. You feel out of place in the best way. Great drinks, fluffy waffles (of all flavors) and pretty reasonable prices.
TRY: Red velvet waffle, The West Coast sandwich and hot mocha with cinnamon waffle topping under "house favorites"
2) Joe's Kansas City Bar-B-Que (viewer discretion advised: mouth watering ahead)
I did get the great opportunity to try real Kansas City barbecue on a recent trip to the city and it was just as good as all the rumors stated. Being at the original location was a treat in itself but also beating the lunch rush... Now that was a lunch made in heaven. starting off in 1997, Owner Joe Davidson had a vision of smokey goodness for all. To this day, that stands true and the original gas station location is as busy as ever. Carolina Pork Sandwich was calling my name and so was a side of potato salad and K.C's best fries! The sandwich was piled high with house made creamy slaw, pulled pork from the gods and some damn good barbecue sauce. The pork was smoked to perfection and if you know me you know I'm sort of a bbq sauce snob and let me tell you....they win the sauce competition. Hands down.
TRY: (if you get the chance) anything and everything.
Monta Japanese noodle house
District one kitchen & bar
lots and lots of music releasing in the near future!
Mumford And Sons- Wilder Mind- May 5th
Best coast- California Nights- May 5th
My Morning Jacket- The Waterfall- May 5th
Twenty one Pilots- Blurryface- May 19th
Florence and the Machine- How Big How Blue How Beautiful- June
Muse- Drones- June
Of Monsters and Men- Beneath the skin- June
Nate Ruess- Grand Romantic- June